The Kings of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kings of Wrestling

Wrestling? WRESTLING.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW!

The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread

Go down 
+3
KingofBama
Lord of Mikawa
Massaccesi
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:47 am

CM Punk's Twitter, June 21st :
"I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX"

June 2005, a few days before DBD III :
http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/15096.html

Razz

Summer of Punk, 2.0?

Last edited by Massaccesi on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord of Mikawa

Lord of Mikawa

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:26 pm

I sure hope Punk wins.
Back to top Go down
KingofBama

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Whats going on here...Punk is the master of mind games..WWE's gotta be loving this cuz this is gonna get ppl talking and interested in the E again to see what Punk is gonna do.
Back to top Go down
TheTrueExtremist

TheTrueExtremist

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Punk wins, RAW MITB winner (Del Rio imo) cashes in after or Punk shows up in the crowd the next night and he and Cena have a cool storyline of what's going on with the Title.
Back to top Go down
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:10 am

"Shoot" promo of the FUCKING decade. I'm still shocked.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Mikawa

Lord of Mikawa

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 am

I marked so hard I downloaded that video to my harddrive. My favorite promo since Heyman's worked shoot before the 2001 Survivor Series.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Mikawa

Lord of Mikawa

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 am

http://nodq.com/wwe/311240369.shtml
Quote :
Colt Cabana wrote the following on Twitter:

"Love Ya @CMPUNK. Just watching you make HISTORY!!! This is soooo f**king amazing...AMAZING!!! #IWantWrestling

Colt Cabana's Trending but @CMPunk should legit trend FOREVER. Coolest thing on wrestling since 1998. Can't believe theyre gonna let'm walk

Should I be taking advantage of this?!? uh...um... coltmerch.com?! art of wrestling on itunes?! ROH, Extra Polar Ice Gum, Diet Coke, Hugs..."

http://nodq.com/wwe/311240616.shtml
Quote :
Steve Austin posted the following on Twitter:

"just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen."

http://nodq.com/wwe/311238887.shtml
Quote :
Here are some Twitter reactions to the big "worked shoot" promo of CM Punk's on RAW:

Mick Foley: I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff.

Jim Ross: Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow.

Joey Styles: Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. OMG! Holy crap!
Back to top Go down
ECWfanatic

ECWfanatic

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:56 pm

I was quite literally on the edge of my seat during that promo, tremendous, just tremendous. Have to agree with Stone Cold, one of the best promos I've ever seen, bar none.
I saw last night where some non-CM Punk fans had their minds changed last night.
Back to top Go down
HIPPIEfearsHAIRCUTS

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

First time I've trully marked out to wwe in yrs. Great shit
Back to top Go down
Professor Hentai

Professor Hentai

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 pm

I wonder if Punk is going to finish tell the Vince story next time he is on the mike?
Back to top Go down
KingofBama

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:09 pm

You know he won't finish...

that promo was classic...I'm mad now that I changed the channel at the end of Raw becuz of that Tables match and Becuz I wanted to watch The Daily show..smh..I love how punk went at HHH and Steph..cuz everybody is truly dreading the day Vinnie Mac dies..lol
Back to top Go down
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 6:49 pm

Lord of Mikawa wrote:
My favorite promo since Heyman's worked shoot before the 2001 Survivor Series.

It was even better than that one. I just hope the outcome doesn't turn out the same as Survivor Series. I can't wait to hear that Chi-town crowd come ME.
Back to top Go down
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Quote :
Backstage News on CM Punk's Promo
Posted by Amish Patel on 06/28/2011 at 06:21 PM

Sources report that CM Punk’s entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW. WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It’s said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk’s comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk’s deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night’s new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank.

(credit : NoDQ)

More Twitter rumblings :

Chris Jericho : “Congrats to @cmpunk and Vince McMahon for doing something tonight that hasn’t been done in awhile…make history.”

JBL : “CM Punk’s promo-shoot or work? Who cares? When you are so good that you can put that doubt in viewers minds you have done your job very well”

MVP : “My verdict after watching the @CMPunk promo, he just had his Austin 3:16 moment. Don’t fuck this one up WWE”

Shawn Michaels : "2 words 4 @CMPunk - thata boy. Felt like old times."

Bryan Danielson : "With revolution dripping off his lips with every word, @CMPunk was a god last night."

Chris Hero : "@ColtCabana Did you wave back to the TV screen and say Hi Punker!"

Colt Cabana : "Should I be taking advantage of this?!? uh...um... coltmerch.com?! art of wrestling on itunes?! ROH, Extra Polar Ice Gum, Diet Coke, Hugs..."

JR : "Tonight's RAW brought back memories of the Attitude Era where some nite's it would be 3-4 in the morning before I could get to sleep."

Billy Corgan : @CMPunk that may have been the GREATEST promo i have ever seen…to paraphrase Paul E , ‘you sir, are f’n hardcore’…

ICP : "That was awesome. Its moments like that I live for. Fuck yes to CM Punk. That was the greatest moment on WWE TV in 4ever. Work or shoot. Wow"
Back to top Go down
Lord of Mikawa

Lord of Mikawa

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Wow there is no way they would give that type of freedom to somebody leaving the company.
Back to top Go down
HIPPIEfearsHAIRCUTS

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 am

Hippies-booking: (I'm marking out. Sue me) any kind of "chicago screwjob"- w/ either winner won't float. Punks in a special place only Austin's been at b4; he's primed to be a ligit over tweener. They just can't muzzle him and gotta let him look strong against superman. A colt cabana run in is acceptable, but no hints of montreal. And no tna finish. The finish gotta be clean. The people want punk- give him to them
Back to top Go down
HIPPIEfearsHAIRCUTS

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:42 am

Aftermath- kill the cenar program. Focus barney on dwayne and either make punk's road to wrestlemania be in pursuit of killing the streak (he can do it. Right guy too) or b) put him in a short program w/ a former disgruntled heel champ (ummmm.. I guess the miz.. Whoelse is there) and then move into a program w/ the american dragon. Turn dragon full on heel "no I'm the best in the world. I have til 5 referree. Look at my beard". They can kick eachothers fucking heads in thru WM. Vince can try something radical- like pushing talent and having some new names on the WM marquee (in small letters ofcourse. Under the cenar/miavia bold lettering). None of this will happen btw. They'll drop ball w/ punk. Been fun though.
Back to top Go down
Lord of Mikawa

Lord of Mikawa

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:43 am

I see Punk winning at MITB but aftermath being shitty. It does seem that Cena won't have the belt at WM though.
Back to top Go down
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:18 pm

The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread Punkbelt

The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread Eyjdx
Back to top Go down
Professor Hentai

Professor Hentai

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Does the shirt Punk is wearing foreshadow were he is going next?
Back to top Go down
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 am

Figure Four Weekly wrote:
There are people in WWE who don't know this for sure but strongly suspect there is some kind of working agreement between Ring of Honor and WWE. There are also people in ROH who think the same thing. At the same time, people on both sides insist there is nothing going on between the two companies.

Sources insist that some of the things CM Punk spoke about in his infamous RAW promo a few weeks back will start finding their way onto WWE TV soon. For example, Punk talked about Triple H taking over and he began that storyline on this week's RAW. Punk also mentioned John Laurinaitis and Colt Cabana, both who appeared on WWE TV in the past week. While Cabana wasn't named by the announcers, he was shown at ringside on Money in the Bank and was photographed with Punk and the WWE Title in Chicago after the pay-per-view. Punk also mentioned Ring of Honor, which adds to the speculation that WWE may be working with them.

For what its worth, Cabana has told at least one indy promotion that he's worked regularly with that he's not taking any more bookings with them after next month.

Wrestling Observer wrote:
As noted before, some of the CM Punk and WWE storyline is expected to play out in other outlets beside WWE TV. Word is that the idea for now is to try a unique balancing act with Punk to be kept in the news with the WWE Title while WWE acts like he doesn't exist. WWE has been calling in favors to try and get Punk booked on things like late night talk shows where they can continue the storyline.

WWE talents have been told not to mention Punk's name in interviews for now, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. On Monday's RAW, John Cena was scripted to slip-up and mention Punk's name. Also before RAW hit the air, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk's name - which just led to them chanting it, as seen on TV.
Back to top Go down
KingofBama

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm

Sounds cool...I hope Punk goes to ROH with the title....that'd be awesome
Back to top Go down
Lord of Mikawa

Lord of Mikawa

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:25 pm

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1183201p1.html

Quote :
This afternoon, with yours truly present, CM Punk crashed the the joint Mattel/WWE panel – WWE: Past, Present and Future – at San Diego Comic-Con, featuring WWE superstars Triple H, Rey Mysterio and the legendary Bret Hart.

Punk announced himself via bullhorn and then, with WWE Title in hand, took to the designated question-asking mic and began to awesomely speechify! Punk took exception to the fact that they were trying to crown a new champ on RAW and then challenged Rey, or anyone else who wanted to be champ, to head out to Chicago to take him on.

Punk then also asked Triple H and RAW writer Brain Gewirtz why Zack Ryder wasn't on TV. Triple H, in what seemed to be a part of a storyline, told Punk that things had changed on RAW and that there was a new regime. He told Punk to give him a call. Punk responded by telling Hunter that he was sure Stephanie had his number
Back to top Go down
KingofBama

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Professor Hentai

Professor Hentai

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:04 pm

that was awesome ladies and gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:59 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread   The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Summer of Punk II Mark Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next