The Kings of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kings of Wrestling

Wrestling? WRESTLING.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW! KOW!

Macho Man Dead at 58

Go down 
+5
KingofBama
ECWfanatic
CounterfeitGod
Massaccesi
Lord of Mikawa
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord of Mikawa

Lord of Mikawa

Macho Man Dead at 58 Empty
PostSubject: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:52 pm

I've read on TMZ that the Macho Man was killed in a car accident early today.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/
Back to top Go down
Massaccesi

Massaccesi

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Heart attack behind the wheel. That sucks. R.I.P Savage.
Back to top Go down
CounterfeitGod

CounterfeitGod

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:15 pm

OOOH NOOO! MACHO DEADNESS. Another legend prematurely bites the big one. One of my all time favorites snapped into his final Slim Jim

R.I.P.
Various comments from WWE and wrestlers
From WWE.com:

"WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of one of the greatest Superstars of his time, Randy Poffo, a.k.a. Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Poffo was under contract with WWE from 1985 to 1993 and held both the WWE and Intercontinental Championships. Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends. We wish a speedy recovery to his wife Lynn. Poffo will be greatly missed by WWE and his fans."

NoDQ.com > WWE > Wrestling stars speak out about Randy Savage
Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 05/20/2011 at 12:56 PM

The Rock: RIP Randy "Macho Man" Savage - you were one of my childhood inspirations and heros. Strength, love and prayers to the Savage/Poffo family.

Jim Ross: Just heard Macho Man died this morning of a heart attack while driving his vehicle in Tampa. Condolences to all Randy Savage fans/family.

Kevin Nash: I lost a close friend today. If anybody in heaven is wondering who the cat in the ugly cowboy hat is it's Randy. Love you Bro. Never another

Honky Tonk Man: Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lanny Poffo and his family. Macho Man Randy Savage sadly died today. One of the all time greats.

Jay Lethal: R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage. You were amazing... Oohh yea!!!

Steve Corino: I can't believe Randy Savage just passed. One of the most amazing talents EVER in pro-wrestling. Wow. Just wow. Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat at WM3 is still 1 of my favorite matches ever. I was 14 & though I "hated" Savage, I never booed him again.

Karen Jarrett: My thoughts and prayers go out to Randy Savage's wife and family!

Chris Hero: Macho Man, damn. The build to WM5 is one of my most vivid wrestling memories as a child. He was so unique & one of THE best. RIP

Blue Meanie: Is SO saddened to hear about the death of Randy Savage. On of my all time favorites! R.I.P. Randy! My thoughts go out to Lanny Poffo!

Shane Helms: Totally heartbreaking news about Randy Savage. One of my all-time favs!! So sad!! RIP Macho

Joey Ryan: I probably wouldn't be a wrestler and you probably wouldn't be following me if it weren't for Randy Savage. Huge RIP.

JTG: To one of my favorite Hall of Famers, inducted or not. Macho Man Randy Savage. R.I.P OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEAH !

Jeff Jarrett: Just got a call w the news. RIP Randy. I met him when I was 11yrs old. He would always teach, correct, encourage, and compliment as my...

Jim Cornette: Our deepest condolences in losing another legend. R.I.P. Randy.

Bill DeMott: When I got my start in WCW it was Randy that gave me the rub....my prayers and thoughts to the Poffo Family

Darren Young: JUST like that! Life can end. Tell those close to ya that you love them cause ya never know! RIP Macho Man

Back to top Go down
ECWfanatic

ECWfanatic

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Rest in peace "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
KingofBama

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:05 pm

RIP Macho Man...One of my all time favs as well...glad I got to watch him wrestler a lot of matches on tv while I was younger
Back to top Go down
Professor Hentai

Professor Hentai

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:46 pm

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:10 pm

i go away for one week and this is what i come back to!

this is a tragedy and a shock to wrestling!

RIP Macho Man!
Back to top Go down
Professor Hentai

Professor Hentai

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Back to top Go down
TheTrueExtremist

TheTrueExtremist

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:08 pm

RIP & Best wishes to his family.

Also t really sucks too as after years of stay away from wrestling and everything to do with it, he was starting to get back in it alittle lwith the WWE All Stars video game & Mattel.

HOF 2012!
Back to top Go down
EMOrtal

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:01 am

This one really sucked pretty bad.

R.I.P. Macho!
Back to top Go down
HIPPIEfearsHAIRCUTS

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:25 am

terrible news
Back to top Go down
CounterfeitGod

CounterfeitGod

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:30 am

MVP on how Macho Man helped him get his start

Back to top Go down
ECWfanatic

ECWfanatic

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Randy Savage's autopsy results confirm that the official cause of death was indeed a heart attack. Just glad that it wasn't a usual wrestler-type death that we always hear about. Here's an artical about it from Yahoo:

Thu Jun 30 10:48pm EDT

Autopsy reveals Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage died of natural causes
By Chris Chase

An autopsy revealed that wrestling great Randy "Macho Man" Savage died from heart disease and not from any injury sustained in his May 20 car crash.

The St. Petersburg Medical Examiner's Office found that the 58-year-old had an enlarged heart with hardened coronary arteries. He became unresponsive while driving his Jeep Wrangler on a Florida highway in May and crashed into a tree. While the auto accident left minor cuts and bruises, the heart problems were the official cause of death of the wrestler.

At the time of his death, it was unknown whether the former wrestling star had died because of the heart issue or because the heart issue caused him to crash. The coroner said Savage was found with therapeutic levels of a number of prescribed drugs in his system and that alcohol wasn't a factor. There was no evidence he was taking any heart medication, leading to the assumption that Savage may not have known about his condition.

His wife, Lynn, was riding in the car during the accident. Their Jeep Wrangler flipped over a concrete median into oncoming traffic before skidding into a tree. The couple were married in a beachfront ceremony in 2010.

Born Randy Poffo, the future Macho Man had a brief minor league baseball career before joining the wrestling circuit. He grew to fame in the 1980 with the WWF where his bouts with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and George "The Animal" Steele made him a star. Advertisements with Slim-Jim and his signature catchphrase, "Ooh yeah!," helped him become a household name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macho Man Dead at 58   Macho Man Dead at 58 Empty

Back to top Go down

Macho Man Dead at 58
Page 1 of 1